Monday, February 11, 2013

The Best Omelet, EVER!




I love to make omelets for me and my husband on the weekends. I finally came up with the perfect recipe that's not only good, but good for you! Try it out and let me know what you think…





 Ingredients: 
2 Eggs (obviously)
Onion
Red Bell Pepper
Baby Spinach 
Coconut Oil
Garlic
Garlic Salt
Parmesan Cheese

FYI, I won't list the amount you need to use, mostly because it's up to you. I like ALOT of onions and garlic, my husband, not so much. So you use the spices and veges at your discretion. 

Chop the red bell, onion and baby spinach as big or as little as you wish. 


Heat a smaller non-stick skillet about medium high heat, melt about 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in the bottom, but don't let it get too hot to where it's smoking… Add the pepper, onion and garlic, cook for about 1 minute or until it's fragrant.


While the veges are cooking, break 2 eggs add a splash of water and mix with a fork.


Once the veges are done to your satisfaction (I like mine a little crispy), add the egg and move the skillet around to make sure the whole bottom of the pan is covered in egg. 

(Pan is dirty from the Omelet I made for my hubby before I took pics, just didn't want y'all to think I cook with dirty pans!)



Add a pinch of parmesan. 


Garlic Salt...

Pepper… 


Baby Spinach… Then let the egg and ingredients cook until the middle is a little solid but not completely. I timed it at about 2-3 minutes. 


Take your spatular and carefully loosen one side of the circle. Once it feels that it won't fall apart when you move it, flip one side of the circle onto the other side


I typically flip it over one more time to make sure the cheese completely melts then I let it cook for about another 1 minute, viola! Omelet done! 

The taste of the coconut oil in the egg is so fresh and yummy, when you add that with the salt and veges, you have a sure fire winner! 

Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment