Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Mini Walmart & Target Haul

I don't feel the need to do a video for every haul that I do, mostly because it would only be about two minutes anyway and that's a lot of editing for such little content. So! When I do a mini-haul from stores, I'll post it on my blog and let you know what I think!

Okay? Okay!

When I went to Target the other day I saw that they had a mass clearance on a lot of makeup. Me being a frugal consumer AND a makeup junkie, decided to wait until the funds were in order and went back to collect me booty, argh! Pirate talk not my actual….booty. Never mind, moving on.




Above my 9 items from Walmart & Target.

Sonia Kashuk eye shadow pallet-Eye on Fall Color
Burt's Bees-Refreshing Pink Grapefruit (2 pack)
Maybelline Volume Express-The Rocket in Blackest Black
New Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation-810 light/fair
Maybelline Fit Me-Pressed Powder in 210
Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Colorstick-Bright Berry
Covergirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm-Ballet Twist
Maybelline Color Whispers-Faint for Fuchsia, Lust for Blush

EYES

Sonia Kashuk's Eye Shadow Palette


First up! I'm in love with Sonia Kashuk's line of makeup brushes (SoniaKashuk.com) but never actually tried her makeup because of the pricey tag to go along with it. But this 12 color eye palette was on sale for $14 and I decided to give it a go.


The ones on the two sides are all matte, while the ones in the middle are shimmers. I have to say, I'm not as impressed with the shimmers as I am with the mattes, and if you are a makeup freak like me, you know that's not common. The shimmers don't have a great color pay off but I'll try a look and see if it's a different situation using a primer on my lids. 

Maybelline Volume Express The Rocket


Alright, I fell into the hype, succumb to the peer pressure of YouTube, and picked this mascara up. I watch quite a few videos at night and I counted 10 that said this stuff is the end all be all of drugstore mascaras. So I HAD to buy it, right? (That's what I tell myself, oh and my husband.) 




FACE

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Foundation

I recently saw a review of the new Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation from EmilyNoel83. (Her video about it is below)

In the past I've really hated Covergirl's "attempt" at good foundation. I've hated the coverage and the smell especially… So I'm trying this with a cautious eye. I'll let you know in my video at the end of the month of what I think.


Maybelline Fit Pressed Powder

I've been a huge fan of the Maybelline Fit line. Their foundations and concealers are pretty good and have always been my go to makeup when I need really good coverage. I'm in desperate need to find a good drugstore pressed powder. I love the L'Oreal True Match, but I wanted to find something that's just as good or even better. I'm going to see if Fit works for me. 



LIPS

Burt's Bees Refreshing Lip Balm 


Next up is Burt's Bees Refreshing Pink Grapefruit. Below is a video I did in my 2012 favorite things which includes why I love them so much. Burt's Bees is amazing, and I'm in love with their products! The Pink Grapefruit is one of my new favorites… 






Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Stick

Before this year, I was never a huge lipstick fanatic. I'm getting to the age where I'd rather wear something more moisturizing and comfortable than stylish. These MoistureSmooth Sticks from Neutrogena are a God-send! I love that they have enough color to make your lips look like they have color, yet they are soooo hydrating and comfortable to wear!

CoverGirl Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm 

So, of course, since the Neutrogena is so popular now, all the other drugstore brands are hopping on the band wagon. I decided to pick up the CoverGirl version of the MoistureSmooth Sticks, which is called Covergirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ballet Twist. I haven't tried them just yet, but I'm excited to compare them to the king, Neutrogena. 



Maybelline Color Whispers

Again, I love moisture! So these Color Whispers are awesome! Their colors are a little more daring and pigmented but I love how they feel on my lips and last for a good while. I picked up Lust for Blush and Faint for Fuchsia. 


That's my mini Walmart and Target haul! My husband gave me an allowance for Valentine's Day for some high end makeup and yes! I'm super excited! Thanks for reading, watching, following and being all around, awesome people! Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment