Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Top 10 Youtube Beauty Gurus!

I will never say that I'm the foremost authority when it comes to doing makeup, but I will say that YouTube has taught me from the best of the best. I love being able to do my makeup CORRECTLY after 20 some years of doing it wrong… These are MY favorite makeup gurus, if you have a favorite, list them in the comments so I can check them out! Also, to the right of this page, go check out MY YouTube page and let me know what you think! xoxo



10. NitraaB

An independent makeup artist, she's very vibrant and bubbly! She's charismatic, beautiful and has a Southern Bell charm. She does tutorials for black and white women (she calls us her caucasian babies, LOVE IT!) and uses high end and drugstore products.

NitraaB's Channel



9. Makeup by Tiffany D

Tiffany was one of the first YouTubers I started watching because we both have the same complexion and hair. Shes very detailed in delivery and isn't too animated in her videos (which I love!). She mostly uses high end products but doesn't discriminate against drugstore.

Tiffany D's Channel


8. Dorm Room Divas

One of the only YouTubers on my list that aren't extremely popular but I adore her! She's in Canada and has my kind of sense of humor. She got me using Marc Anthony hair care products and I love them! She doesn't post a lot but I'm an avid watcher when she does. Mostly drugstore, some high end.

Geneva's Channel



7. MissMaven.com

I love her tutorials and I wish I had her hair! Her editing skills are pretty great (if she does them herself) and her skin care routines are top notch. I started using Bdellium brushes because of her and I absolutely love them! She definitely uses more high end products but you can find dupes easy enough.

MissMaven's Channel


6. Makeup Geek

I started watching Marlena strictly because her channel name was Makeup Geek, which describes me perfectly. She does a lot of product reviews and her blog site is one of my favorite to visit. Since creating Makeup Geek, she has started her own makeup line but still talks about her favorite drugstore and high end lines as well.

Marlena's Channel


5. MissChievous

I love how easy she dupes star looks and does them very well! She's not afraid to try different looks and teaches them easily. She's in Europe, I think, so some of her tutorials are in different languages but they still rock! She uses high end and drugstore items, but again, because she's overseas some items aren't available in the US.

Julia's Channel


4.sccastaneda

I duped her look for the Ravens Super Bowl look and got a lot of compliments for it. I often follow people I think I could be friends with in real life and she's one of them. She does tutorials that combine things you have and always suggests alternatives incase you don't. Again, love her hair! Great combination of high end and drugstore products.

sccastaneda's Channel 


3. Beauty Crush

I LOVE this girl! I call her a girl because I could literally be her mother... And I would adopt her in a second! She is adorable, she lives in or around London but always talks about things in the US. She has great tutorials for girls in their teens and just starting out in makeup. I love her hauls and all of her fashion videos too. You can follow her and her boyfriend, Ricky, on YouTube and they are hilarious and very cute together. Plus she has tattoos, makes her alright with me. Highly recommend following Sammie. Not in a stalker way, though. :) High end, drugstore, but again, she's in the UK, something's you can't get here.

Sammie's Channel


2. EmilyNoel83


If you watch any of my videos you know I'm constantly saying, "I saw this on one of EmilyNoel83's videos and I had to try it." I've bought I don't know how many things in makeup because of her (yes, I tell my husband it's her fault) and have loved almost all of it. She sounds like a newscaster (wink, wink) but is very personable and likable. Everything she posts, I watch. Love her! Great combination of high end and drugstore. Follow, follow, follow!

Emily's Channel


1. NicholeGuerriero

Again, someone I could be friends with. LOVE her sense of humor, style and humility. She is gorgeous but is not afraid to go on camera with absolutely NO makeup. She talks about her weave and isn't at all sorry 'bout it. I've learned SO much from Nicole and again, when there is a post, I watch it, no matter what it is. She's hilarious as well as real. She shows how to do makeup very well, and I love when she goes shopping because she makes you want to run out and get it too. She's my #1, you have to follow! High end and drugstore mix.

Nichole's Channel


No comments:

Post a Comment